It is smart to consider donating stocks or mutual funds to Support Circle. Giving appreciated securities held for more than one year may provide you with significant benefits such as:
- Entitling you to a charitable income tax deduction for the fair market value of the gifted securities as of the date of the gift.
- Eliminating capital gains tax that would ordinarily become due if you had sold the appreciated securities on the open market and donated the proceeds to charity.
- Claiming your charitable deduction against up to 30% of your adjusted gross income. Any unused deductions can be carried forward over the next five years.
To donate mutual funds and stock securities, please have your broker transfer the securities to:
Account Name / FBO (for benefit of): Support Circle
Account Number: 6PH006628
DTC Routing Number: 0443
Support Circle Contact Name:
2950 Merced Street, Suite 101
San Leandro, CA 94577
IMPORTANT: When you have initiated the transfer, please notify Support Circle by providing:
- Number of shares you are giving
- Company in which the stock is held
- Date of expected transaction
This will allow us to accurately acknowledge your gift with a tax-deductible receipt.
For assistance or more information please contact our corporate office at (510) 569-1200 or [email protected].